Conduit Health Partners is proud to announce it has achieved Health Call Center accreditation through URAC, the premier healthcare organization that has established quality standards for the healthcare industry over the last 30 years. URAC accreditation provides a standards framework to build high-quality health service organizations and allows for performance analysis to identify areas for quality improvement. They use measurement, reporting, and monitoring requirements to promote continuous organizational optimization. “Conduit is committed to maintaining a gold-standard level of patient care and to continually improving and optimizing the services we provide. We are so excited for what this accreditation means for our organization, our clients, and the patients we serve.”, said Cheryl-Dalton Norman, President.
A URAC-accredited health call center must have exceptional infrastructure that meets specific standards, in addition to certain CORE standards for clinical staff qualifications, training and roles of non-clinical staff, telephone performance thresholds, clinical staff response times, handling of triage calls, information sharing, feedback to physicians, and more. As a URAC-accredited Health Call Center, an organization must:
- Have defined policies and procedures that allow it to quickly and effectively respond to the health concerns of their patients.
- Adhere to defined thresholds for telephone performance, such as average speed of answer by a live person within 30 seconds, average abandonment rate of five percent or less, and call backs within an average of 30 minutes.
- Provide around-the-clock access to licensed registered nurses every day of the year.
- Use established clinical guidelines and pathways to ensure that they provide consistent and up-to-date health care advice.
- Have clinical monitoring and oversight for non-clinical staff, and immediate availability of clinical staff for clinical issues.
- Adhere to guidelines for the qualifications of clinical staff to perform clinical triage and health information services.
“Health call centers are a vital part of providing more accountable and value-based care. URAC’s independent Health Call Center Accreditation makes Conduit a better provider of services through quality standards that stress having professional staff who can handle patients with efficiency and effectiveness,” said URAC President and CEO Shawn Griffin, M.D.